Frankly speaking I am not a Lauki lover neither knew the taste of lauki before last year. It was just when I started eating Lauki Kofta I taught of trying it in
various dishes... & Lauki Raita is a best complement with roti's & parant's...
Lauki (Bottle Gourd) - 3/4 Cup (Gratted)
Curd - 1 cup
Onion - 1 Medium (finely chopped)
Garlic - 5 pods
Curry Leaves - 10-12
Mustard Seeds - 1/4 tsp
Cumin Seeds - 1/4 tsp
Oil - 1 tbsp ( or less)
Salt - to taste
Cumin Powder - to garnish
Water - 1/2 cup
- Boil the grated lauki with water for 3-5 minutes.
- Remove the excess water and let it cool.
- Crush the garlic in a pestle and keep aside.
- In a bowl take curd, add the cooked lauki and salt to it. Mix it and keep aside.
- In a pan heat oil. Add the mustard seeds and cumin, once they splutter add the curry leaves and crushed garlic.
- Mix it and add the finely chopped onion.
- Cook till the onion becomes translucent.
- Add the cooked onion to the curd and mix it properly.
- Serve sprinkling cumin powder on it.
Ramaya's Recipe @ ABC Series: Gourds
from my kitchen