Curd rice is one of favourite dish among the South Indian's. I tried to get near to the taste what my South Indian Friends do... But it was yummy...:)
Cooked Rice - 1 Cup
Curd - 1/2 Cup
Cumin Seeds - 1 tsp
Mustard Seeds - 1/2 tsp
Asafoetida - a pinch
Curry Leafs - 8-10
Green Chilli - 1 (finely chopped)
Ginger - 1'' (finely Chopped)
Dry Red Chilli - 1
Oil - 1 tbsp
Salt - as per taste
- Cook the rice and let it cool for 10 -15 minutes.
- Now add the curd along with salt to the rice.
- In a pan heat oil, put a pinch of asafoetida, cumin seeds, mustard seeds and let them splutter.
- Now add the curry leaves, chopped ginger, chopped chilli's & the dry red chilli.
- Once done put over the rice mixed with curd and salt.
- Mix gently and it's ready to be served.
- It tastes awesome with roasted pampad.
Spice and Curry @ Healthy Diet-Easy & Healthy Lunch
from my kitchen